Tuesday, July 29, 2008

How Many Calories In Homestyle Popcorn




I heard the term "Eucharistic wonder" for the first time at the 2008 Eucharistic Congress in Quebec City, mouth of the witness Nicolas Buttet ( priest, founder of the Community Eucharistein, Switzerland).

I searched the Internet and it seems that it was Pope John Paul II would have started it in 2003 in his encyclical Ecclesia de Eucharistia. The Latin word "stupor," which is found in paragraphs 5 and 6, is translated " admiration "in the official French translation of the Vatican.
- Haec ad affectus Perduca cogitatio our magnificent gratique stupor.
Think of this leads us to profound admiration and gratitude .
- Semper oportet hic stupor Ecclesiam pervadat in Eucharistic celebrationis congregatam. This admiration
should always fill the Church assembled in the Eucharistic celebration.
- Illum cupimus Eucharisticum " stuporem " his Litteris Encyclicis rursus excitare.
For this encyclical I would revive this' admiration "Eucharistic.

The Latin word "stupor" and the French word "awe" has several meanings, but one that interests us is precisely that of admiration (= wonder amazement astonishment, amazement, dazzle). Maybe more accurate translation would be "stunned."

Nicolas Buttet's merit is to have stuck to the Latin text by repeating and spreading (popularizing?) Expression "Eucharistic amazement" that is much more powerful and surprising that "Eucharistic amazement".

Non practitioners lack of stupor, but also practitioners, including myself. I confess to being far from feeling of amazement at the greatness of the Eucharistic mystery. I'm pretty jaded, familiar, accustomed. By dint of attending Mass, I became a regular. I no longer have the same consideration, the same esteem for the Sacrament sublime. I lost the wonder of the new husband to his beloved, mother to her newborn.

I have faith, I respect the Eucharistic Mystery, I express with sobriety. I try to be careful during the celebration, I try to communicate by saying my faith in the risen Christ who is the Bread of Life, I believe in the Real Presence of Jesus in the Host of the Tabernacle. But I admit that I'm so few cases.

How to cultivate in me a sense of amazement at the Eucharist? How to awaken in me a sense of wonder at the amazing presence of the Risen Christ in the Eucharist (Sacrifice, Food, Presence)?

So that we can find strength in faith and worship, Nicolas Buttet invited to attend the Eucharist outside of the Eucharistic celebration. He said that a prolonged exposure to the real presence of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament to enter gradually into a stupor Eucharist.

No longer exposure the Blessed Sacrament, but exposure to Blessed Sacrament (as it is exposed to the sun burnished skin and vitamin D). This is not to be passively present, but be careful, to pray, to admire, to worship (with words and beyond words.)

I should feed my respect, for it takes strength and becomes wonder and adoration, amazement grateful. It would be challenging for me (against nature), but take an hour a week before the Blessed Sacrament is probably an effective way to wake up and become a marvel. Lord, I'm wanting you to give me Energy bring myself to take the means to take action and persevere.


0 comments:

Post a Comment